You can join NWAM in one of two ways:
- If you’ve already passed your Advanced Test with the IAM then you can join NWAM for just £15.00 per annum (or £12.50 by paying through a Standing Order).
- If you’d like us to coach you to becoming an advanced rider, to the point of taking your IAM test, then you can take the Advanced Rider Course. Prices for this are on the IAM website. This includes your first year’s membership of NWAM and the IAM, your test fee and the IAM book “How to be a Better Rider”.
To register with the IAM, follow this link to their website. Once you have registered with the IAM they will forward your details to us and we will put you in contact with one of our Observers to arrange your Advanced Rider course.
- Purchasing the Advanced Rider course entitles candidates to belong to NWAM, and this can continue as long as the member maintains and pays both the IAM annual fee and the subscription to NWAM annually.
- If you already hold certain professional riding qualifications, you may be able to gain exemption from undertaking the Advanced Rider test. Details of the exemptions, and details of how to apply can be found on IAM’s website by following this link.
- As a Friend of NWAM you can keep in touch with old friends and be part of our social activities for £15.00 per annum (or £12.50 by paying through a Standing Order).
If you want to join us, please fill out the form below and the Membership Secretary will contact you to arrange payment: